With more than 6 billion rentals to date, Redbox is America’s leading source for affordable new release movie rentals. Redbox offers DVD Blu-ray™ Disc rentals through the nation’s largest network of more than 40,000 conveniently located, self-service entertainment kiosks, and On Demand movies and TV shows, without a subscription.
- Stream Movies & TV Shows On-the-Go: Redbox On Demand delivers a broad selection of movies and TV shows via transactional video-on-demand (VOD) and electronic sell-through (EST).
- Buy Movies at the Box: Consumers can buy pre-rented movies for amazingly low prices. Simply browse and reserve the titles you want to buy and then pick up the discs at the box you selected.
- 4K UHD Rentals: Watch movies in even better quality – 4K Ultra HD rentals are available in select cities for just $2.50 per night.
Redbox Fast Facts
- Starting at $1.99 a day for DVDs and Blu-Ray™ Discs. ($2.11/night in MD and $2.09/night in SC).
- Earn free movie night rentals via Redbox Perks
- Rent a new-release cheaper than cable
- No monthly subscription required
- RENT AND RETURN ANYWHERE® – rent any disc at any of our more than 40,000 kiosks and counting
- Reserve online or on the Redbox app
Redbox revolutionized the way Americans rent movies when it was founded in 2002 on the belief that consumers deserved a convenient way to rent new-release movies at a low nightly price.
Soon after testing began within McDonald’s Ventures LLC, Redbox started counting its locations and rentals by the hundreds instead of the handfuls. During the peak period of installations, new kiosks appeared every hour, every day, 365 days a year to keep up with retailer interest and customer demand.
In 2010, Redbox rented its 1 billionth disc and also started renting Blu-ray™ Discs.
Redbox launched Redbox On Demand in 2018 to deliver a broader selection of movies and TV shows via transactional video-on-demand (VOD) and electronic sell-through (EST).
In 2019, Redbox launched Redbox Entertainment, a new division to produce and distribute original content across its services. Through Redbox Entertainment, the company released The Fanatic (starring John Travolta) and Running with the Devil (starring Nicolas Cage and Lawrence Fishburn) through VOD and at the kiosk.
Today, Redbox is located at some of the largest retailers nationwide, where Americans have rented more than 6 billion discs.
The Redbox team works hard every day – in your local communities to uphold our promise to bring you a constantly updated selection of the newest hit movies.